Doncaster Tennis Club & St. Gregory’s Tennis Club is home to Slamin Tennis & Fitness, one of Australia’s leading tennis coaching teams offering a holistic approach in a fun, learning environment. Founded in 2002, we aim to create positive opportunities for every individual we coach through the sport of tennis. Whether your goal is the world stage or to achieve a personal best, we have a program for you.
DISCOVER SLAMIN TENNIS & FITNESS
THE SLAMIN TENNIS & FITNESS DIFFERENCE
Located within the City of Doncaster, Doncaster Tennis Club is the most comprehensive tennis facility within the Doncaster region, with 12 courts (two synthetic grass courts, six synthetic clay courts, four en tout cas courts), all available with lighting.
To maximise your playing comfort, we feature a centrally located clubhouse providing well appointed change rooms, kitchen, BBQ, lounge, and toilet facilities. Additionally, the club house has wheelchair accessible facilities, including bathrooms and unisex toilets. The clubroom can also be hired out for birthdays, receptions and conferences.
Private coaching sessions can be arranged at a time that suits you, or for a more social option, we have group coaching available for adults and children. With classes catering for all levels of experience from beginners to squad and tournament players, group coaching provides a perfect opportunity to develop your skills while getting to know fellow tennis enthusiasts.
BUILDING CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE
Our vision is to build champions for life. Here at Slamin Tennis & Fitness we understand sports like tennis can provide the tools for more positive outcomes across everything you do.
We have witnessed first hand how sport can be used in a wonderful and very powerful way to build a player into a respectful and disciplined individual.
Through our service of teaching tennis, we strive to provide exceptional coaching and leadership to our students, while simultaneously teaching etiquette and sportsmanship – to ensure we are building champions for life.
At Slamin Tennis & Fitness our mission is to build champions on and off the court. When teaching tennis we strive to provide exceptional coaching and leadership to our students, building sporting talents and developing life skills such as discipline and respect.
As we believe a person never stops learning, we work hard to ensure our approach extends to all our students, from children to adults.
We’d love you to be a part of our club and join our mission to positively reach our community through tennis.
At Slamin Tennis & Fitness we believe in:
- Passion & Fun – the more fun and passion you put into your training, the faster your tennis will improve.
- Personal Mastery – discipline and self-motivation are critical ingredients of high achieving tennis players.
- Exceptional Experiences – All our customers deserve an exceptional experience every time they play or engage in a session.
- Teamwork – We’re stronger together and can achieve so much more when we work together as part of a passionate community.
- Belief In Oneself – Having a big picture goal for life sets the trajectory of your potential, so set yours as high as you can.
SLAMIN TENNIS & FITNESS CHILD PROTECTION COMMITMENT STATEMENT
Slamin Tennis & Fitness has a zero tolerance approach to any form of child abuse and all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and consistently with our policies and procedures.
We support and respect all children, as well as our staff and volunteers. We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety, which we follow rigorously. Slamin Tennis & Fitness has strong human resources and recruitment practices for all staff and volunteers and is committed to regular training and education for our staff and volunteers on child abuse risks.
We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the cultural safety of children from culturally or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
Our commitment extends beyond creating an environment that minimises risk or danger. We are committed to building an environment that is both child-safe and child-friendly. Together we can provide an environment in which children feel respected, valued and encouraged to reach their full potential.
If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse phone 000.
24 HOUR TELEPHONE REPORTING AND ASSISTANCE SERVICE: 1800 11 SAFE (1800 117 233)
To raise a complaint securely online, please contact:
Head Coach, Founder and Director
Vicky is the Founder, Director and Head Coach of Slamin Tennis & Fitness. She has played tennis since she was five years old, and has been coaching since 1995 all over Melbourne, Europe and the USA. Vicky is renowned for her ability to create inclusion programs, including disabilities, multi-cultural, female only programs and shift worker programs. If there is a perceived barrier to participation, Vicky will find a way to overcome it.
- WTA World Ranking Holder
- British ranking holder
- French ranking holder
- Australian ranking holder
- State grade (Premier League player for over 6 years)
- Full Athletic Scholarship holder to Marshall University WV (USA)
- NCAA Division 1 college
- 2019 Disability Sport and Recreation Coach of the year
- 2019 TCAV (Tennis Coaches Australia – Victoria) Coach of the year
- 2019 Finalist Tennis Victoria Excellence Awards
- 2018 Tennis Victoria’s Excellence in Coach Award – Club / Centre
- 2018 Finalist Tennis Victoria Excellence Awards
- 2017 Finalist Tennis Victoria Excellence Awards
- 2016 Tennis Victoria’s Excellence in Coach Award – Hot Shots
- 2014 TCAV (Tennis Coaches Australia – Victoria) Coach of the year
- 2014 Finalist Tennis Victoria Excellence Awards
- 2013 Tennis Victoria’s Excellence in Coach Award – Hot Shots
- 2012 Finalist Tennis Victoria Excellence Awards
- 2019 Australian Coaches Conference
- 2019 National Sports Convention
Slamin Tennis Coaches
Our team of Coaches are intensely screened to ensure compliance with our state and national bodies. Furthermore Coaches are screened for suitability with our club culture and in meeting the needs of our clients.
Our team of Coaches includes Coaches from various backgrounds, many speak a second language, and all who have a massive passion for sharing the sport of tennis.
How do I know which Slamin Coach to be with?
Upon receiving an expression of interest to start lessons, or when you book a trial lesson, Vicky personally speaks to each player (or parent, if a child), to learn about the player’s needs, and objectives. This includes probing questions to learn more about how the child or player learns best, and their preferences. This can be so basic as:
- A young girl wanting a female coach
- A child with additional learning needs requiring a gentle, but encouraging coach
- A high performance player, requiring the services of a high performance tour coach
From here, Vicky will recommend the Slamin Coach most suited to the player’s needs.
In the event you require a translator to convey this information, we have multiple translators in a variety of languages to assist. Simply email: email@example.com
We can appreciate everyone learns differently, and the coach student relationship is vital for success. Finding the right coach is like finding the perfect shoe, you know when you have found it.
All coaches are Members of our National Body Tennis Australia, and all hold Working with Children checks, Police checks and First aid certificates.
We do invite prospective coaches to send a resume through if you are interested in joining our team. All Slamin Coaches are employees, and openings within our team can occur quickly especially in the Summer!
Resumes will be kept on file, and you will be contacted to confirm receipt of your resume, and again when a vacancy arises.