Slamin Tennis & Fitness – Important Information for restart
Slamin Tennis is back up and running! However, during this period of restrictions, things will look a little bit different to your regular coaching session. Here are a few of our policies and procedures in place to ensure a safe, cautious and appropriate return to tennis:
· Despite government and Tennis Victoria allowing for 10 players per court, we are taking a cautious and responsible course of action.
· Slamin group lessons during this period will have a temporary maximum of 4 students per coach, sometimes in squad sessions drills will involved 6 players on a court, this WILL NOT HAPPEN! To ensure physical distancing of students, there will always be a maximum of (4) players per court.
· In the case of Red/Blue stage programs, we will have a maximum of 2 groups being run across opposite ends of the court to allow for maximum safe participation.
· Slamin Tennis is committed to getting as many of our players back on court as possible. So we will be providing credits on all lessons missed during Covid 19 closure periods.
· Note: The last week of classes in Term 1 will be credit, as we closed as of Midday on Monday March 23rd. Term 2 was 11 weeks, Term 3 is 10 weeks, so some credits will be applied to Term 4 as well.
· Replacement classes due to absence or weather will be available to be booked via the ‘make up’ tab in our app, in 2 weeks time.
· Please contact Vicky directly to book, or any enquiries, response time may be slower then normal, but we will get there!
· All our regular programs will be offered, except Cardio Tennis.
· It will be a first in, first served system so if you are keen to get back on court, please ensure you book ASAP to lock in your preferred class. If you have already booked and confirmed, simply wait and Vicky will be in contact shortly to confirm your start.
· During this restart period and whilst we are under restrictions, we may not be unable to offer access to make-up classes. So if you are to miss a class, unfortunately we won’t be able to enrol you in another in its place, until the ‘make up’ function is enabled in the customer portal.
· During this period, we ask that students commit to their classes through until the end of term on 28th June.
Before Class Procedure
· Each venue will have courts spaces split into zones. Each zone will have an entry/exit point which we will ask all players to use. This will minimise congregation of students around single entry points.
· Please familiarise yourself with your class court number and look for the correct entry to that court. Signs have been placed around the venues to help with this. We will also have a supervising coach to direct students.
· We ask that parents who are dropping off their children remain in their car and observe from there where possible. If you have a red/blue stage student(aged 4-6yrs), or accompanying a player with a disability, you may observe from behind the court while practising physical distancing.
· We ask that no parents enter the court space with their child and to stay clear of entry/exit points to ensure physical distancing.
· Anyone entering the court space or facility grounds must hand sanitise prior to entry. Hand sanitiser will be provided at all venues.
Use of Clubhouse
· The clubhouses at each of our venues are strictly off limits and will be locked for your safety and that of club members.
· Entry to the clubhouse will only be for emergency student use of the toilet facilities.
· If toilet facilities are required, hand sanitation must occur upon entry and exit to these facilities. We have provided sanitation stations at all toilet facilities across our venues.
In Class Procedure
· All staff have been briefed and trained on the hygiene and physical distancing measures we have in place.
· There is to be no sharing of equipment during lessons and where equipment is to be re-used, it will be sanitised prior to re-use.
· Physical distancing of 1.5m between students will be enforced by coaches over the course of a class.
· There is a zero hand to ball policy for students which staff have been trained in and all lesson plans will reflect this change. The coach will be the only person contacting the balls with their hands throughout the lesson.
After Class Procedure
· We ask that all students arriving for their class wait at their designated entry point until all students from the previous class have exited. Entry and exit will be staggered like this to ensure no more than 10 students are on court at any one time.
· We ask that parents remain in their car and wait for students to return to them when picking them up. If you have a Red/Blue Stage student (aged 4-6yrs), or accompanying a player with a disability, you may wait outside the exit of their zone, however please observe physical distancing at all times.
· Anyone leaving the courts must hand sanitise after their lesson. Coaches will have sanitation bottles on court for students and there will be hand sanitiser at the club which you can also use.
To find out more information about Covid-19 and the current Government restrictions please visit the links below.
Where can I find resources about COVID-19?
Department of Health and Human Services information
Victorian Government restrictions